PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2013 were $15.1 billion.
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels.
PPG operates in 800+ retail stores, sells through over 4,000 dealer stores and supplies product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's and Home Depot. Additional brands include Glidden, Glidden Professional, Ralph Lauren Paint, Devoe Coatings and Martha Stewart Living paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko woodcare products; plus Liquid Nails adhesives and caulks.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
As one of the industry's leading Architectural Coatings businesses, we are looking for future leaders. Our Management Trainee program is one of the finest in the industry and provides a solid foundation for you to build your future. Throughout the program, we will train, mentor and develop your skills to a point where you can build your own career path with unlimited potential and opportunities.
The Management Trainee will spend a vast majority of their time during this six (6) month training period working within PPG’s company owned paint stores. After successful completion of this training, candidates will then be placed in a Store Manager or potentially an Assistant Store Manager position. This placement will likely result in relocation.
As a trainee you will be expected to:
- Work in a retail paint store selling paint and sundry products, processing orders and returns, while developing excellent product knowledge
- Mix Paint and perform color matches by customer request
- Quickly resolve customer complaints and problems
- Interact with other PPG stores, corporate offices, vendors, and employees
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Exhibit leadership skills and be highly self-motivated
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- $37,000 annual salary
- Medical and Dental coverage
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation / Holiday
- Employee Discounts