Tax Manager - Inpat/Expat - Chicago (8161)ID:
Tax Consulting - International Tax Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
We are currently looking for a Manager to join our International Tax Services Group. This professional will be responsible for managing internal resources and work directly with clients to provide expatriate and foreign-national inbound tax compliance and consulting services.
They will review individual income tax returns, conduct US tax law research, manage tax consulting projects, and assist in the administration of company tax programs. The incumbent will possess the technical and communication skills necessary, identify issues, develop appropriate solutions and implement them.
They will also be responsible for supervising assignments by ITS Staff and Senior Staff and will provide leadership, counseling and career guidance to them as well.
This person must have proven extensive technical expertise and have developed their reputation within the international tax profession.
The appropriate candidate should have the desire to continue to build this expanding practice for Crowe.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- 5 or more years of general tax experience, with at least 3 years in expatriate and foreign national tax compliance, tax equalization policy implementation/consulting, and management of international assignee populations of multi-national clients.
- CPA, JD or EA with a MST is required
- Candidate should be familiar with the individual income tax issues and tax law including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills required.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Minimal travel required