PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty Products Company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2013 were $15.1 billion.
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels.
PPG is proud to announce that we have recently completed the acquisition of the AkzoNobel North American Architectural Coatings business. This acquisition provides our newly combined Trade organization a tremendous platform for profitable growth. This acquisition enables us to now operate in 800+ retail stores, sell through over 4,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's and Home Depot. This acquisition also brings a portfolio of well established brands to PPG such as Glidden, Glidden Professional, Ralph Lauren Paint, Devoe Coatings and Martha Stewart Living paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko woodcare products; plus Liquid Nails adhesives and caulks. Field Service Representative POSITION OVERVIEWAre you a positive and energetic person with a gift for offering exceptional customer service?
The Field Service Rep position involves providing retail store service to the Home Improvement industry in rural areas of the community on a part time basis- averaging 16 hours per week. Employees enjoy a flexible work schedule with this position. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Visit assigned stores within territory as scheduled and perform the following:
• Merchandise and stock sales collateral and maintain color displays.
• Merchandise and maintain paint and related product on shelf, including stocking and facing.
• Maintain product presentation to ensure brand integrity.
• Assist with product resets and display retrofits as scheduled.
• Provide product knowledge to store associates and assist store customers.
• In-store product ordering and inventory counting.
• Maintain working relationships with store associates and management.
• Assist District Manager with resolving store concerns.
Additional Duties to be performed outside of assigned stores:
• Order color collateral via in store mobile ordering system, or on internet.
• Occasionally transport color collateral from personal residence to assigned stores.
• Receive and respond to company communication via email and voicemail.
• Utilize company web site as required to report work activities and report payroll hours.