The Program Director – Technology & Development is responsible for leadingcurriculum development, oversight and subject matter expertise to The ArtInstitutes academic programs in the web, mobile and programming technologyareas. This newly created position willbe responsible for ensuring effective, quality programs that result in highlyqualified graduates with employable skill sets in the latest creative artrelated technologies including web development, software development and gameprogramming. S/he will also build andmaintain industry support through involvement with industry practitioners,thought leaders, employers and external organizations. Specific aspects of thisposition include curriculum, equipment, facilities, instructional development,retention, student learning outcomes assessment and student graduation rate.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients;development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economicprinciples; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinkingand expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilitiesof this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Develop, manage and implement consistent programs in technology development & programming across the Art Institutes system.
- Lead institutional effectiveness assessment with AVP Institutional Effectiveness and program directors with the goal of achieving criteria for success for the system expected outcomes at the 80% level or greater.
- Identify opportunities to improve retention and implement with the goal of making year –over-year improvements.
- Develop and implement program-focused initiatives to improve graduation rate
- Develop faculty plans that provide maximum efficiencies in the use of space.
- Formulate and administer standardized equipment in support of programs.
- Assist campuses in hiring academic department directors and coordinators.
- Develop relationships with industry leading organizations, collaborate with marketing to raise visibility of the programs and take steps to differentiate Ai as a “best in field” educator in the discipline.
ChiefAcademic Officer Supervises: InteractsWith: campus deans and presidents, avp of institutional effectiveness, directorof curriculum
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities):
a) Graduate degree or equivalent in the field or in a related area
b) Minimum of 10 years of successful higher education leadership
c) Demonstrated knowledge of andcontacts in the industry d) Network of contacts within theindustry
a) Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with faculty and students.
c) Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
d) Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
a) Ability to conceive and market adult educational programs consistent with the Ai Brand.
b) Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
c) Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
d) Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE