As an Architect I ( Internal Technology Systems ' Cyber Security ) and a member of PNC's highly lauded Information Technology Division of more than 2,500 professionals, you will contribute significantly to PNC maintaining its high standards in innovative technology. Recognized by CIO magazine as one of the top 100 companies that demonstrate technology excellence, PNC is recruiting seasoned and talented candidates for this position who will design and implement system, application, infrastructure, and/or enterprise architecture and associated standards. You will also work closely with developers to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented within the existing or planned framework, further evolving our Security and Access Management program.
Drawing upon your experience and expertise, you will analyze business requirements in order to identify application 'patterns' that will help drive the application software design and infrastructure design, and you will lead risk-management planning by identifying technical areas of risk due to uncertainty and skill and technology gaps. This position brings you to the forefront of leadership and driving overall business value by encouraging you to recommend solutions and designs that leverage PNC architecture best practices and standard re-usable Business Accelerator technologies, shared services, and infrastructure, while also identifying ways to improve existing enterprise assets and business applications.
- Provides technical leadership in the requirements analysis, design, and construction of shared software assets and business solutions. Also provides leadership to technical teams to ensure functional and non-functional requirements of shared software assets and/or business application solutions are delivered.
- Identifies technical areas of risk due to uncertainty, skill gaps, technology gaps, etc. as well as enhancement/improvement opportunities. Effectively leads the risk mitigation planning & enhancement/opportunity planning for these identified areas. Includes roadmaps, capacity growth analysis, etc.
- Creates solution recommendations and solution designs which leverage PNC architecture best practices, standard re-usable Business Accelerators & infrastructure where appropriate, and delivers business value while balancing cost and benefits of technology choices. Ensures, via collaboration with project & business teams, there is a good understanding of shared asset capabilities, development process, and continuous improvement feedback is in place.
- Drives identification & implementation of improvement opportunities in security and access management applications and enterprise assets. Ensures alignment and feedback loop among application teams, business teams, shared software asset engineering team, and enterprise architecture teams as appropriate. Participates in enterprise governance and enterprise initiatives
Position can be located in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field or equivalent. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- 4-5+ years of application development experience, with 2-3+ years of Architecture experience.
- Extensive understanding of IT and an experience in multiple large complex systems with an ability to apply that knowledge at a strategic level influencing technology solutions that match LOB goals and objectives. * Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with and make strategic recommendations to Sr. and Executive Mgmt as well as all levels of internal/external service partners.
- Proven team building, relationship management, negotiation, and influencing skills. Preferred Skills:
- Security and Access Management experience preferred.
- Experience and practical knowledge of Cyber Security programs preferred.
- Oracle Identity Management application experience preferred.
- Risk Assessment experience preferred.
- Technical experience with Oracle, Unix, .NET, Weblogic and J2EE Architecture is highly preferred, Mainframe experience is a plus.
- Experience in Symantec Data Loss Protection and Physical Security tools a plus