, Inc. (NYSE: ARG
), through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related hardgoods, such as welding supplies. Airgas is also the third-largest U.S. distributor of safety products, the largest U.S. producer of nitrous oxide and dry ice, the largest liquid carbon dioxide producer in the Southeast, and a leading distributor of process chemicals, refrigerants and ammonia products.RED-D-ARC
(an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 50,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 50 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.Job Profile
Under the direction of the District Sales Manager, the incumbent will develop rentals and sales of welding equipment in assigned region by following sales leads, making presentations, preparing quotations, maintaining all required literature and providing customer follow-ups. The incumbent will also assess customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions. Some overnight travel is required. The incumbent will complete a three to five month training program upon commencement of employment.We are looking for an Outside Sales Associate who:
- Develops and increases end user customer base by effective communication, assessment of needs and recommendations of solutions.
- Performs onsite equipment demonstrations.
- Makes application recommendations of welding and positioning equipment.
- Develops long-term supply relationships through contracts and/or agreements.
- Works as part of a team in providing customer solutions.
- Meets or exceeds rental and sales goals specified in the market area.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings and Trade Shows to promote products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, trade journals and/or other sources.
- Maintains accurate and timely submission of sales call reports and expenses.
- Provides customer follow-up.
- Provides back-up coverage at the branch location during vacations and other employee shortages.
- Performs other related duties as required.