• AAMA Certified medical assistant (CMA), American Medical Technologist Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), National Center for Competency: National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), or National Allied Health Test Registry: Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
• Certification in CPR within 90 days of start (must stay current)
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required
• High School Diploma (or GED) plus one year of work experience, preferably in a medical office setting preferred.
• Knowledge of exam, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Ability to maintain quality control standards
• Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
• Ability to react and communicate clearly, calmly and effectively.
• Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
• Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.