Federal Tax Senior Manager - San Francisco (6833)ID:
US-CA-San FranciscoFirm Services:
Tax Consulting - Federal Tax Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager/Director for our San Francisco Federal Tax practice.
This individual will be an integral member of the Federal Tax practice. This role requires the oversight of multiple client service teams and the proven ability to plan, direct, execute and complete tax projects and compliance efforts across a variety of industries.
- Assist in development and management of the San Francisco based Federal Tax Practice.
- Stong business deveolpment skills are essential in this role
- Conduct review of federal and state income tax returns for corporate, S corp., partnership and individual clients.
- Client relationship management including direct responsibility for specific clients and engagements.
- Provide innovative tax planning strategies and compliance expertise to clients; perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed
- A senior manager is a critical member of the local tax office team, providing thought leadership to the partner group while actively developing and mentoring staff and managers.
- Work closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate efficient standard operating procedures and practice development skills using a team approach to client service.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as necessary.
- Manage, develop, and mentor staff/managers on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedbackQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, MST preferred.
- Minimum10 years experience in public accounting; strong preference for Big 4 or large regional firm experience.
- Strong business development skills.
- Advanced technical and tax accounting skills in the areas of: corporate, partnership, and individual taxation with a consulting mindset
- Proven leadership skills in managing client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and interactive team environment to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ability to mentor and develop tax staff and managers
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to identify value-added opportunities and work in a team environment to develop business
- Personal drive to develop self/others and provide leadership insight to the local tax team
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- CPA required