Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns a variety of market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the industrial, energy, transportation, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide capital goods and services ranging from railcars to barges, construction materials to propane tanks, highway guardrail to structural wind towers, railcar parts to crash cushions, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, multi-industry growth company that generates superior earnings and returns for its shareholders, and to offer a safe, productive and challenging work environment for our employees.
TrinityRail Management is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Lease Fleet Maintenance Inspector in our Dallas, TX office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
This individual will manage the maintenance, repair and regulatory compliance of railcars within assigned fleets. Assigned fleets may be customers’ fleets and/or a class of Company-owned railcars such as new car fleet integration or damaged car disposition. Ensures cars meet quality, regulatory and utilization standards.
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries concerning car maintenance, industry regulations, proper car use, basic construction, etc.
- Determine maintenance schedules; select and expedite work through shops
- Prepare and issue shopping instructions for damaged or wrongly ordered cars
- Prepare repair instructions for railcars and coordinate between customers and repair shops
- Analyze shop repair estimates and invoices for accuracy and potential cost savings; approve repairs and ensure all billing and repair practices meet AAR Standards
- Coordinate warranty issues with railcar builders
- Execute railcar dispositions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance or related field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience managing and coordinating effective fleet maintenance, inspection and administrations systems and programs
- Knowledge of railcar fabrication, maintenance, industry codes, standards and regulations applicable to railcars
- Ability to interpret and evaluate
- Ability to interpret and evaluate engineering drawings and regulatory codes
- Training in Hazmat, AWS Welding Inspection Terminology and Coating applications necessary
- Excellent relationship-building skills – ability to communicate effective across all levels
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest!
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply online. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.