The Greeter is responsible for welcoming guests to and/or from the hotel, hospital or casino and local areas in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner. He/She is also responsible for assisting with guest inquiries, directions, and initial questions regarding the facility or services.
• Acknowledge and greet guests/patients within 5 feet.
• Responsible for opening the doors to all guests entering and exiting the hotel and/or hospital lobby area
• Provides professional hospitality in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner to all guests
• Greet all guests with a smile at all times
• Use the guest/patient last name at all times when appropriate
• Maintain accuracy and composure while under pressure
• Appropriately use salutation of the day and welcome to facility
• Knowledge of hotel/hospital, outlets, meeting rooms, amenities, services, main attractions in the area, parking rates, etc.
• Continually monitor and maintain cleanliness and order of guest and patient services area
All Greeter candidates MUST:
• Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
• Be able to speak, read and write in standard English language
• Must be able to stand during entire shift
• Must have close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus
• For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Customer service experience and computer experience preferred.
Language and Reasoning Skills: Must be able to speak, read and write standard English language. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Must be able to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance Must be able to understand 24 hour and military time systems. Clearly understand rates applicable to time passed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of Towne Park jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most positions require the ability to run at top speed, stand during entire shift, occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to stand during entire shift. Must be able to regularly stand, walk, run, use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Must have close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus. Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and frequently exposed to care exhaust fumes. Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
Safety and Loss Prevention: Knowledge of site specific safety and security procedures. Practice preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Park. Report all accidents and incidents observed on shift to supervisor immediately. Use only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner.
Systems and Standards: Complete all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by supervisor. Follows all appearance standards as set forth by Towne Park. Follows all attendance standards as set forth by Towne Park, as required by the scheduling which may vary according to the needs of the hotel. Execute all terms and conditions as set forth in Towne Parks employee handbook. Maintain clean, neat work environment. Follows all Towne Park standards and regulations.