SalesLine of Business
Full-TimeMinimum Travel Percentage
With more than 15,000 associates across 600 locations in North America and Canada, HD Supply has become one of the country’s largest industrial distribution companies. HD Supply provides a broad range of products and services to customers in the maintenance, repair and operations, infrastructure, and specialty construction markets. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!Job Summary
Responsible for generating new sales opportunities via phone, email or other electronic communication. Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Prospects for new sales opportunities. Generates leads via outbound calling and e-mail.
- Provides pricing and delivery information.
- Procures and maintains inventory. Monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
- Performs follow-up to ensure timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Resolves customer service issues. Tracks open sales orders.
- Maintains strong working relationships with vendors.Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- NoneWork Environment
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.