Does your current “Quality gig” have you down? Are you ready to make a positive change? If so, then come work for a company that . . .
- Values the strong skills you bring to the table
- Provides an opportunity to succeed at what you do best
- Will challenge your skills and grow your talent
- Gives you the chance to build a real, long term career
Look no further – your future in Quality Engineering starts today at The Manitowoc Company*.
We’re coming up with ways to cook foods at faster speeds, we’re thinking outside the box to create the most efficient steam cooking equipment components, and we’re bringing innovation to life each and every day with dreamers like you. As a Quality Engineer, you’ll be involved in planning and directing activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Quality and Warranty, this position is located in Cleveland, OH.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Supports quality management system by assisting with corrective and preventive action measures and provide reports on quality system effectiveness.
• Supports Quality Assurance out of box audit function by directing audit activities, investigating non-conformances found for root cause, and recommends corrective action plans where necessary.
• Plans, performs, and reports on internal quality management system audits and associated corrective actions.
• Analyzes warranty data for trends, investigates for root cause, and recommends corrective action plans.
• Assists with the development of inspection, measurement and test plans for new products and processes.
• Assists supplier quality by monitoring purchase part non-conformances, acting as MRB QA representative, using corrective action, and performing on-site audits.
• Reviews and investigates customer complaints, develops corrective action plans and follows up with necessary verification activities.