Life Sciences Sales Program Manager The sales program manager will be responsible for growth planning; sales programs; sales support & ennoblement; market thought leadership development among others. This is global and Emerson process management group role will articulate Emerson Process Management value message for the Life Sciences industry for multi-business unit solutions; develop business intelligence; promote consultative selling; and ensure initiatives generate revenue for the industry. The ideal candidate will have a combination of sales acumen; strategic planning; Subject Matter Expertise, and Industry Marketing experience. Energy and passion for growth are two key attributes required for this job.
Key Job Functions:
- Develop & roll out Sales Programs
- Works with WAs; and BUs Sales to generate consulting engagements for the Life Sciences consulting utilization
- Implements sales program and train personnel (often with Consultant support)
- Provides Industry/Process Insight and Situational Fluency
- Identifies potential opportunities for new initiatives and develops programs
- Supports the selling process with Strategic Customer visits, SME and Insight coaching etc.
- Promotes and oversees a collaborative approach for global sales opportunities
- Leads Industry Segment Growth Planning
- Keeps finger on the pulse of the industry (market & dynamics) to support the development / execution of the overall Industry strategy; and to provide sales with information with regards to upcoming projects in the industry.
- Develops sales intelligence through PATT funnel management & CIC sales review; supports pursuits (with consulting help) through the funnel to wins; and recommends WA sales on strategic sales direction
- Helps identify and manage SGOs and applications through the Stage Gate Process
- Develops & drives thought leadership including creating speaking engagements and participation and promotion of key conferences and industry events
- Provides support for Group Marketing
- Provides Insight to help generate Customer Messaging
- Identifies and supports industry tradeshows and conferences
- Provides knowledge for intranet (sales portal), internet etc; provide creative material for Life Sciences newsletter
- Actively participates in the world area growth planning and monitoring of progress, in the Life Sciences council Pharmaid
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business Management is required
- Processing Industry solution background (Life Sciences preferred) with a minimum of 10 years of industry or plant experience
- Comfortable in C level Business discussions with clients
- Experience with Emerson solution – a combination of systems and devices – is a distinct advantage
- Business development experience (minimum 8 years), MBA is preferred
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Approximately 50% travel is required, with a significant component of international travel
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.
About Process Systems and Solutions
Emerson’s Process System’s and Solutions business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Process Systems and Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.
APPLY NOW! (You will be redirected from the Emerson careers site)