Additional Job Information
Title: Supv, Laboratory
City, State: Destin,FL
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast
Department: Lab Services
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The Sacred Heart Human Resources Department encourages you to picture yourself in a valuable role with Northwest Florida's leading health care provider -- Sacred Heart Health System.
As a member of the Ascension Health System, Sacred Heart has a history of providing high-quality, compassionate care since 1915.
Salaries are highly competitive and we offer an excellent, flexible benefits package. We are fortunate to attract people who believe in our mission and who are dedicated to the service of our patients and their families.
Our associates give high ratings to their job engagement and the support for their well-being provided by our health care organization. Sacred Heart associates have scored among the highest in overall associate engagement within Ascension Health.
Northwest Florida is a growing family-oriented community. It offers a delightful year round climate, low cost living, excellent schools, boundless recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
The Supv, Laboratory manages the daily operations of the Laboratory.
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management
- Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations
- Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases
Education & Experience:
- Three years of related experience required
- One year of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Graduate of a Medical Technology program or equivalent to meet state requirements required
Licenses & Certifications:
- Medical Technologist-Cert ASCP or equivalent certification required
- Current licensure as a Laboratory Supervisor in all core areas in the state of Florida required or licensure eligible
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Sacred Heart Health System Team, please apply by completing an online application.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)