The Guest Service Associate is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality services to guests in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. The Guest Service Associate is responsible for parking and retrieving guest vehicles in a prompt yet safe manner and assisting guests with luggage, including delivery and pick up of guest luggage (where applicable) during arrival and departure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, co-workers, and clients
• Acknowledges and greets guests within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor
• Uses guest last names during interactions
• Uses salutation of the day and welcomes guests to the location
• Practices proper Towne Park phone etiquette
• Posts up in designated areas when not completing tasks
• Runs at top speed to park and retrieve vehicles and drives slowly and cautiously
• Assists guests with bell services and luggage storage as needed
• Opens all vehicle and hotel doors for guests
• Assists guests with directions, taxis, reservations and other inquiries
• Provides guests with information about outlets, meeting rooms and/or amenities of the facility as well as main attractions in the area
• Delivers messages, items and/or guest amenities as requested
• Shuttles guests to appropriate places that are approved by the location
• Explains parking rates and retrieval procedures to guests upon arrival
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read and write standard English language
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
• Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money
• Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
• Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distances
• Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.