Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future. Because of our continued growth, we are actively interviewing experienced professionals to join our Energy and Utilities team as an IT Audit Manager
in our Madison, WI, Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL office locations. This is a great opportunity for a proven business advisor with a background in IT Risk, Technology Consulting and/or Governance within the Energy and Utilities market. In this key role, you will work with a dedicated team of consultants providing in depth knowledge and insights to some of the largest utilities in the industry. You will be part of a team that offers practical experience from working with over 300 utilities across the nation and active participation in state and national utility organizations. It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly Virchow Krause!
With a staff of more than 1600, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.
- Perform integrated audits and reviews of general IT controls, system access security, and application system controls to ensure the processes and data are in compliance with legal requirements
- Review and analyze risks inherent in technology operations underlying the business
- Prepare, execute and document testing procedures and outcomes, perform detailed analysis and recognize relevant financial statement issues
- Analyze IT environment including: operating systems, applications, infrastructure, policies and procedures, etc
- Identify and communicate any control issues, process inefficiencies, or operational risks and recommend appropriate solutions
- Responsible for timely submission of draft reports for supervisory review
- Provide knowledge and guidance of current laws, rules, and regulations related to IT controls and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices in the industry
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to interpret their meaning and determine impact to the company.