3 + years experience in a High Mix/Low Volume Production Environment ISO 9001-2000, QS 9000 Experience Knowledge of progressive die stamping a plus Knowledge of SPC and other TPM activities Lean Manufacturing Experience Knowledge of Project Management, KanBan, One-Piece Flow, Routing, Bills of Material, and Visual Manufacturing Management Experience Excellent computer skills Remain current with industry knowledge Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong problem solving skills
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the tip performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
KEY AREAS FOR TRAINING:
- Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Responsible for the upkeep, upgrade and acquisition of facility and production equipment.
- Research and development of new manufacturing processes and products.
- Develop asset management strategies for machine performance upgrades or new capability assessments and develop requirements for input into the capital planning process.
- Provide mathematical/data driven analysis for effective decision-making and input into process improvement methodologies, resource allocation, system design, materials management, and other production issues.
- Identify and implement new processes for all manufacturing lines.
- Refine current manufacturing process to improve profitability
- Facilitate continuous improvement/ Lean projects
- Analyze and investigate related specifications, process, and work operation to detect, eliminate, and prevent recurrence of potential causes of non-conforming product • May perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to read, write and comprehend materials in English.
Ability to apply 'common sense' understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 lbs and occasionally list and/or move up to 25-50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must maintain hand-eye coordination sufficient to handle small instruments and read precision tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees are responsible for wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the job.