A Corporate Lender is responsible for originating commercial loans and for cross-selling BankUnited products to commercial accounts. Incumbents are expected to meet or exceed production goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned. Levels of Authority and Decision Making are indicated as follows:
• Interviews loan applicants, and collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
• Establishes, and negotiates terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, and schedule and collateral requirements.
• Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and other means.
• Presents loan requests to the executive loan committee when the proposed loan dollar volume exceeds the department's lending authority.
• Authorizes or rejects overdrafts in depository account within established authorities.
• Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
• Advise customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters.
• Serves as a contact officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
• Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sells bank services.
• Prepares lending activity reports for department management.
• Keeps abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on corporate and commercial lending activities.
• Participates in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
• Maintains professional and community relations to increase the bank's visibility and new business opportunities, and to further personal development.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Lender I - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 3 - 5 years of experience. Credit experience preferred.
Lender II - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 3 -5 years of commercial lending experience.
Lender III - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 5 years plus of commercial lending experience.
*Candidates will have experience generating $15MM to $30MM in Commerical Loan production annually*
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid driver's license