SUMMARY: A Corporate Lender is responsible for originating commercial loans and for cross-selling BankUnited products to commercial accounts. Incumbents are expected to meet or exceed production goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
• Interviews loan applicants, and collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
• Establishes, and negotiates terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, and schedule and collateral requirements.
• Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and other means.
• Presents loan requests to the executive loan committee when the proposed loan dollar volume exceeds the department’s lending authority.
• Authorizes or rejects overdrafts in depository account within established authorities.
• Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
• Advise customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters.
• Serves as a contact officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
• Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sells bank services.
• Prepares lending activity reports for department management.
• Keeps abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on corporate and commercial lending activities.
• Participates in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
• Maintains professional and community relations to increase the bank’s visibility and new business opportunities, and to further personal development.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES: Lender II: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Lender II - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 3 - 5 years of commercial lending experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid driver’s license