- Experience as an engineer focusing on Cisco Routing & Switching, Datacenter, and Wireless products. We are seeking engineers with experience installing and configuring these products. Juniper, F5, Riverbed, Arista, Aruba, and other vendors a plus.
• Minimum 10 years of technical experience
• Cisco Routing and Switching
1. Routing Protocols: EIGRP required; OSPF and BGP highly desired.
2. Campus LAN Switching: Vlans, Spanning Tree, Ethernet, etc.
3. General Networking skills: TCP/IP protocol, IP Addressing, and Subnetting, etc.
4. WAN and Quality of Service experience also desired
5. Understand, and ideally, have experience with L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, MPLS and Metro Ethernet
- Load Balancing
- Cisco Wireless Skills strongly desired preference given to candidates with Cisco Wireless certifications.
- Hands on experience with Site Surveys and proper deployment placement of access points
- Configuration and deployment of Wireless LAN Controllers and LWAP access points
- Integration with Cisco security or Microsoft security products
- Troubleshooting both client and controller issues.
- Demonstrated supervisory/team leadership experience. Specifically, building and developing a new technical team.
- Strong communication, consulting, and client-facing skills
- An eagerness to learn and be proactive at maintaining and developing technical skills
- Ability to travel in the continental United States (50% travel estimated.)
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
Bachelor degree in computer science, math, or engineering or equivalent desired. A minimum of 10 years of industry-related experience. Able to provide documented prior success in the role of network engineer and team lead or manager via reference from former customers or employers.
- CCNP required
- CCIE desired
- Additional vendor certifications strongly desired such as Juniper, F5, Security certifications.