SGL is seeking Technical Sales Manager for our Southeast and Midwest Regions.
Responsible for sales and marketing of mechanical application products in geographical region. Manages customer and end user base encompassing multiple states in Southeast Region VA, KY, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, AR, OK, TX, and NM or our Midwest Region IL, IN, OH,MI, WI, MN, IA, MO, WV, ND, SD, NE, KS. Responsible for territory technical application support activities. Implements worldwide pricing and marketing strategies that is consistent with the Global MA Product Group.
- Develops and implements time and territory strategies for customers and end users in geographical region.
- Transfers customer needs into technical specifications and ensures technical feasibility.
- Monitor markets and analyze trends including customer’s technical requirements and competitors technical capabilities.
- ManagerCRMsystem for sales, opportunities and specifications for customers and end users in geographical territory.
- Interface with customer and end user technical people to secure product and technical specifications at end user and technical associations.
- Identify new product opportunities (product ideas, product modifications and product adoptions) and develop market strategies.
- Provide monthly reports summarizing sales and development activities within Mechanical Applications business line.
- Review and monitor Contribution Margin by product line and customer to make sure they are in line with Product Group targets.
- Supports export licensing issues to maintain proper controls and relations forSFG LacrossBAFA,MITIand US Export Controls.
- Initiate and maintain contact with end users in geographical region.
- Supports bottom-up planning of annual sales and department budgets.
- Monitors and report on regional progress or issues from a Sales and Marketing perspective of the flexible graphite foil business (i.e. markets, products, competition, customers, etc.).
- Interface with commercial customers to develop business and customer specific strategies.
- Identify new product opportunities and develop market strategy.
- Develop pricing strategies in regional markets.
- Maintains and coordinates open communication with operations teams in Valencia.
- Identifies and communicates critical needs within the flexible graphite foil business from a customer and market perspective.
- Maintain and evaluate product and customer sales data for geographical territory.
- Degree in engineering (Mechanical or Chemical)
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical sales experience (sealing products a plus)
- Ability to work in and with outside sales organizations
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal
- Time and Territory management experience
- Knowledge of software (SAP,CRM, MS Office)
- Strong affinity to technical products
- Travel approximately 65% of the time (auto and air travel)
- Travel expense budget of approximately $15,000 to $25,000 per year