Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide industrial products and services ranging from railcars, barges, storage containers, and aggregates to highway products, structural wind towers, railcar parts, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
Trinity Corporate is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Manager, Public Affairs and State Government Relations in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, you will translate strategies into tactics representing multiple disciplines within a department area or covering more than one department and will report to the Vice President of Public Affairs.
- Facilitate management and plans the involvement of Trinity Industries, Inc., and its subsidiaries, (“Trinity”) in public affairs and state government relations
- Create and prepare policies that support organizational goals with regards to external media relations and state governmental affairs
- Oversee state legislative, state incentives programs, regulatory activities and assists in developing Trinity’s state governmental affairs position and promoting business initiatives
- Serve as the chief state lobbyist and act as a liaison between state legislative and agency entities, and Trinity.
- Provide management with regular reports on potential opportunities and tracks legislation affecting Trinity policies and practices
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Responsible for managing public affairs, local external media and lobbying efforts with state legislatures and other elected state officials to persuade them to support legislation favorable to Trinity’s business interests
- Study local media and proposed state legislation to determine possible impact on Trinity
- Manage routine local external media engagement in support of all business units
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty required
- Proven experience with a wide variety of Public Affairs and Government Relations concepts, practices, and procedures
- Demonstrated experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest!
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply online. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.