Judge Healthcare is currently seeking Medical Coding Analysts in the Phoenix Area for one of our large Healthcare Clients.
The Medical Coding Analyst validates progress notes and enters the appropriate ICD-9 coding into the DataRAP database utilizing the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV) guidelines. This position is also responsible for timely communication of identified quality issues concerning documentation and validation pertaining to the CMS-HCC methodology and ICD-9CM coding guidelines back to the provider.Essential Job Functions
1. Processes attestation sheets and progress notes out of the RightFax work queue according to DataRAP department guidelines.
2. Analyzes progress notes and documentation sent by providers for validation following CMS guidelines and ICD-9 Coding Manual guidelines and enters final results into appropriate tab of the DataRAP database.
3. Performs the minimum number of validations consistent with established departmental goals.
4. Provides clear communication, with use of DataRAP application, through query to PCP on documentation not meeting standard as identified by no plan.
5. Provides clear communication, with use of DataRAP application, through query to PCP on documentation not meeting standard of basic administrative components to a progress note.
6. Ensures accuracy of entry by comparing to outcome of diagnoses on eAttestation post validation entry.
7. Associates attestation sheets received into the DataRAP database to provide tracking for all markets.
8. Identifies and reports quality concerns and errors to DataRAP Clinical Process Quality Analyst for review and education.
9. Responsible for providing coding support to the DataRAP Clinical Coding Nurses and to the providers participating in the DataRAP process.
10. Performs all other related duties as assigned.Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- CPC certification or proof that certification has been obtained within nine months of hire date from the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Knowledge of ICD-9 CM guidelines and coding.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment when arriving at conclusions.
- Ability to effectively report deficiencies with a recommended solution in oral and/or written form.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.