This is a Work-From-Home
Work from Virtually Anywhere in the USA!!
Internet Fee Stipend Provided
Computer with Dual Monitors Provided
Full-Time and Part-Time with Benefits
Quarterly Bonus Potential
Hours are Flexible & Guaranteed
This is not a Contract or Travel Required Position
30-Hours Paid Education Annually
Do you have hospital outpatient coding experience? Have you coded acute care Observation, Same Day Surgery and/or Wound Care accounts? If yes, then don't wait- apply today! We utilize cutting edge technology that empowers HIM staff with the tools necessary to excel in the complex world of medical coding.
Join an organization that will allow you to make the most of your talents! Our strength is our people who operate with a "Patients First" philosophy. We offer a broad range of benefits, opportunity and believe in "Growing Our Own" for those candidates that have a desire to grow within the organization!
To learn more about Parallon visit our Website at: www.parallon.com
Reviews hospital outpatient medical record documentation to select and sequence the appropriate ICD-9-CM, HCPCS procedure codes, and ICD-10-CM as applicable to transition to ICD-10.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs coding across multiple entities.
- Applies all appropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code selections.
- Adheres to Company and HSC Coding Compliance policies and procedures for the assignment of complete, accurate, timely, and consistent codes for diagnoses and procedures.
• Using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and/or HCPCS/CPT, as applicable, primarily codes the following patient types:
o Same day surgery (SDC),
o Observation (OBS), and
o Wound Care.
• As needed, may also code the following patient types:
o Emergency department (ED),
o Recurring (RCR),
o Clinical (CLI) records, and/or
• Assigns procedure Categories, modifiers (when applicable)
• Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards
• Maintains or exceeds established coding accuracy.
• Initiates physician queries in compliance with Company and HSC policy where appropriate
• Reviews all official data quality standards, coding guidelines, Company policies and procedures, and clinical/medical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current
• Utilizes the complete medical record documentation in code assignment
• Follows all applicable coding guidance in assigning and sequencing codes
• Meets all educational requirements as stated in current Company and HSC policy
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned