This position is primarily responsible for reviewing and managing documentation-related statistics of each practice, including monitoring of RVUs, downcodes, and non-billables and coordinating/providing documentation education to clinicians and Billing Coordinators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates and promotes documentation initiatives and education among client hospitals, physician employees, and EmCare.
- Liaises with Practice Improvement / Documentation Education Team (PIDE Team) to participate in quarterly meetings to receive training and guidance on startups, new physicians, revenue potential issues, EMR conversions, Billing Coordinator education, etc.
- Tracks and manages progress of each practice -- monitors downcodes, and non-bill report -- review statistics for trends using reports provided by PIDE and RTI (e.g. declines in CPV, avg charge, etc.)
- Coordinates and conducts initial and follow-up education visits –new physician orientation
- Coordinates and schedules conference calls and site reviews / preparation of materials for meetings
- Supports ad-hoc request for site documentation training
- Establishes relationship/contact with all new contracts
- Interacts with Site Documentation Champion to provide information for monthly meetings
- Coordinates training and identification of documentation champions
- Tracks participation in education programs by location to determine physicians that require 1-1 contact
- Disseminates information to sites regarding policies and payor rule changes
- Reviews over-utilization opportunities with individual docs as needed based on feedback from RTI
- Educates Documentation Champions and Site Medical Directors on productivity reports
- Manages changes in documentation requirements
- Manages Divisional Billing Coordinators
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work related experience.
•• Practice management/consulting experience is preferred with demonstrated presentation skills
• Experience in physician coding and reviewing documentation guidelines, CPC or other coding certification(s) is a plus
• Must have previous experience conducting workshops requiring teaching methodologies
Knowledge and Skills:
• Understanding of hospital ED operations and medical records operations is required
• Ability to analyze financial reports
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Possess ability to communicate effectively with physicians, nursing staff, and hospital administration