Sagewood, Life Care Services senior community in NE Phoenix is seeking a hospitality minded full time Cook. The Cook is responsible for preparation of all food items as per standardized recipes. Successful candidates must have three years of Cook experience in a senior living community, hotel, restaurant, or club and must possess excellent hospitality skills, be respectful, detail oriented and passionate about their work.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Prepares all soups, stocks, sauces; boils, braises and roasts items as written in established recipes.
2. Prepares and serves all sautéed, fried, grilled, steamed and baked items as written in established recipes.
3. Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following established recipes and special diet orders. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
4. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and sees that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
1. Maintains assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
2. Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
3. Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
4. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Sagewood fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises in all of our job descriptions:
▪ I greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
▪ I treat everyone with courteous respect.
▪ I anticipate your needs and act accordingly.
▪ I listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
▪ I hold myself and co-workers accountable.
▪ I make residents feel important.
▪ I embrace and value differences.
▪ I ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
▪ I maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
▪ I pay attention to details.