THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN ERLANGER, KY.
This position is responsible for the overall strategic management of CHI’s enterprise health and welfare benefit plans for 100,000employees across the country. Responsibilities include the management of over $1billion (gross) worth of health and welfare plans including medical, pharmacy, life,short and long term disability, flexible and health spending accounts, vision,dental and paid-time-off benefit programs. This position collaborates with nationalleadership groups and division/MBO leadership to align the future directions ofsystem-wide health and welfare plans with CHI business direction including clinically integrated networks, population health management and other division/MBO-specific needs. Thisposition is also responsible integrating newly acquired organizations or new business lines into health, welfare and time off programs. Ensures the ongoing sustainability,affordability, accessibility and competitiveness of CHI’s health and welfareprograms for employees.
1. Strategic Direction - Collaborates with national groups and division/ MBO leadership, HR leadership to ensure thatfuture strategic direction of health, welfare plans and time off programs arealigned with CHI business directions including clinically integrated networks, population health management and other division/MBO-specific needs. In collaboration with VP, Employee Benefits leads development of benefit planstrategies, designs and cost. Facilitates information sharing among CHI/MBO to enhance strategic direction relative to local benefit programs, local businessneeds or specific enterprise business/strategic needs
2. Cost Management - Responsible for current and future benefit cost management, health, welfare, time off benefit utilization and cost/utilization/data tracking; works closely with national finance group to ensure full collaboration on financial matters impacting benefit programs including the development of financial controls. Develops designs and programs to address cost increases and tomaintain sustainable structure in place.
3. Population Health Management - Partners closely with the Director of EmployeeWellness & Productivity to align health plans with wellness programs and employee incentives to enhance the overall health of CHI employees through engagement,behavior modification, enhanced consumerism, and shared responsibility.
4. Merger & Acquisitions - Leads integration of newly acquired organizations or new business lines into health, welfare and time off programs and oversees the transition of divesting entities from CHI
5. External Partner Management – Oversees/Manages relationships with externa lpartners including actuaries, consultants and plan vendors to negotiate contracts, premiums, plan administration and customer service delivery; sets expectationsand monitors their performance
6. Internal Partner Management - Collaborates with HR Operations and outside vendorsto oversee ongoing plan administration, enrollment and communication of theplan; assists in the development and ongoing direction of standard health &welfare benefit policies; works closely with national communications group and web services team to develop employee benefits communications strategy, materials and templates for use by MBOs and employee engagement portal (MyHealthy Spirit).
7. Compliance - Advises benefits staff, MBO HR staff of legal and compliance issues and acts as a subject matter expert; responsible for all compliance requirements for enterprise - wide health & welfare plans; oversees appeals process for health & welfare plans. Leads interpretation and implementation of any new requirements (example ACA) and serves as a SME andfor CHI compliance, advocacy and mission functions.
8. Managerial/Staff Development - Mentors and supervises health and welfare benefits staff (managers and analysts) ofabout 5 – 6.