Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
Interviews patients or their representatives, and enters accurate information onto appropriate forms and into the computer system. Collects appropriate co-payments, and obtains signatures and escorts patients to destination if required.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information. Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
• Ensure charts are completed and accurate
• Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
• Calculate and collect patient liable amounts
• Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
• Answer any questions and explains policies clearly
• Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
• Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
• Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information
• Assign I-plans accurately and research Patient Visit History to comply with the Medicare 72 hour rule
• Other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Must be able to work a flexible shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays**
• Must demonstrate proficiency in basic computer skills for data entry; typing skills required
• Must possess effective professional interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively on the phone, in person and in writing with patients, patient's parents, visitors, employees and providers.
• Demonstrated history of excellent service skills as exhibited by courtesy, cooperative spirit and tact when interacting with employees, patients and visitors.
• Able to work as a member of a team.
• Able to perform more than one work related task simultaneously.
• Able to sit for long periods of time, stand, lift up to 25 pounds, use a keyboard, headset, reach, and perform fine motor tasks such as writing and filing
• Must perform basic mathematic calculations, balance and reconcile figures
• •Must be punctual and dependable with a willingness to learn new tasks and incorporate them into daily routine.
• 1-year experience in a health care setting or position as receptionist or cashier with high volume personal contact with the public is highly desirable.
• Able to attend two weeks paid training Monday- Friday, 8-5pm approximately
• Must have reliable transportation*
** PRN Registrar with minimum requirement to work 40 hours per schedule (schedules are 4 week periods), 4 holidays per year, and 6 weekends on call per year
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.