DST has petabytes of data to be used in the creation of predictive analytics. We're hiring a Big Data System Architect to guide the exploration and delivery of technologies and solutions. This individual will support Enterprise and business unit Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and Big Data Developers by providing Hadoop, Columnar, MPP, IMDG and EDW deliverables such as roadmaps, proofs of concept, implementation and usage guidance, and practical mentoring.The ideal candidate will have:
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with traditional database technologies, including:§ SQL§ ETL processes and tools § ER modeling§ Dimensional modeling
• At least 2 years working with analytical database technologies – DB2 columnar or Vertica.
• At least 2 years working with Hadoop tools and technologies – HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Hive,
• At least 2 years working with MPP tools and technologies – Greenplum (preferred), Netezza, Teradata, Hana or Exadata.
• Familiarity with message brokers such as ActiveMQ or HornetQ; Enterprise Service Bus such as MuleESB or Fuse; NoSQL such as HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB.
• Experience with IBM BigInsights and Cloudera desirable.
• Must possess strong ability in writing highly concurrent, object-oriented programs in Java.
• Familiarity with Python or Erlang is desirable.
• A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Experience in both Agile and traditional software development (Waterfall) methodologies. Being a CSM is a plus.
• Deep passion for building great software.
• A proven track record designing and implementing new software solutions in a greenfield situation that perform at scale EEO Statement
Equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.