Analytics Director (Performance Management, Bank Operations)
As an Operations Director, you are a member of PNC's Bank Operations organization of ~3,600 professionals. You will be based in Pittsburgh, PA and will report to the Bank Operations Performance Management Executive (PME). Your responsibilities as the AD include leading and implementing large scale initiatives to drive operational and analytic insights across Bank Operations.
The purpose of this position is to manage operational analytical work activities associated with Bank Operations. The Analytics Director (AD) will work closely with the Bank Operations management team, LOB partners, and support partners, to drive insights into operational, performance, and risk related opportunities. The AD will manage a team of professionals to accomplish these objectives. The AD will maintain a working relationship with other similar executives/managers within the bank to ensure that objectives are managed consistently and efficiently, where appropriate.
In your role, you will need to draw upon a combination of skills in problem-solving, quantitative research and analysis, statistics, project/initiative management (working on several projects simultaneously), and developing professional relationships. You will also need to rely on strong communication skills in order to share complex model results with non-technical audiences. All the while, you'll benefit from access to senior professionals within the fields in an engaging environment.
- Develop key insights into the various areas supported by Bank Operations, including Retail and C&IB. Work with other key Bank Operations groups, as well as PNC corporate resources to improve operations, reduce costs, and improve profitability.
- Develop and refine key analytical measures, such as KPIs, SLAs, KRIs, and Workforce Analytics.
- Develop comprehensive business cases/NPV that will lay out estimated costs, benefits, and risk assessments.
- Build detailed plans that will list objectives, phasing, and content of the program/project to deliver on the business case benefits, budget, and timelines.
- Lead the entire program/project management processes - i.e., initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control/close all supporting processes, as applicable to analytical efforts.
- Serve as the key business contact for escalation of issues and coordination of activities with internal and external stakeholders for the business initiative.
- Successfully execute the program/project to agreed schedule, budget, and scope (scope to include but not limited to design, testing, implementation, change management, training, policy and procedure changes, analytics, and reporting).
- The AD oversees three functions within Bank Operations with some resources directly supporting the AD and with others within the Operating Groups (as well as within other bank entities): (a) Analytics (b) Planning (c) Supporting PME and Management Team in Strategy Development.
- Provide strategic planning for Bank Operations.
- Develop strategic relationships with Bank Operations executives and clients.
- Manage large initiatives for Bank Operations related to cross functional analytical efforts.
- Develop strategic analytic efforts and direction for Bank Operations (data, design, technology etc.).
* Bachelors, MBA or Masters degree in Science Technology, Engineering & Math preferred.
* Experience: 15+ years in consulting, banking. Experience in leading analytics efforts at a top 10 bank or top tier consulting firm, with an emphasis on consumer services preferred.
- Analytics/Management Consultancy experience.