Serves as the project manager and leads the project team through the project phases to reach expected project outcomes within a set schedule and budget. Assigned projects and their scope may span across one or more departments. Project Manager II also serves as a mentor to others in the Project Management Department by providing support on Standards of Practice for Project Management Methodologies.
• The Project Manager is responsible for communicating and managing the project schedule, budget, resources, risks, changes, milestones, and statuses for projects that may impact internal and/or external customers.
• The Project Manager is responsible for reporting on the project status regarding resources, budget, schedule, and scope. If any of these statuses are at risk, the Project Manager is responsible for documenting a plan to mitigate the risks within the project.
• The project manager's responsibilities will include planning for all technical and non-technical deliverables of a project.
• Researches issues raised in meetings with appropriate staff and provides corresponding feedback to the project team.
• Researches potential solutions (as they relate to project work) with external relationships or vendors for identified enhancement opportunities and provides recommendations to Management.
• Mentors project team members on one or more of the specific phases of the the project cycle (i.e. testing phase).
• Prepares various confidential departmental reports as assigned by PM Department Manager, utilizing various advanced software programs. Collects information, compiles into standard or non-standard format, prints, proofs and distributes to appropriate HSA staff.