The salaried Assistant General Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager in the implementation and procedures at the property as established by Motel 6 / Studio 6 to ensure the proper operations of the property. This position is typically available only at a large and / or high volume sales properties. The General Manager, based on the daily demands of the property, will assign the salaried Assistant General Manager a variety of duties, the majority of which will be supervisory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Positive Guest Experience: Ensure information is available regarding property and local amenities. Identify and address guest issues from customer complaint calls. Set the example for good guest interaction.
2. Staffing and Supervision: Supervision of property staff in the General Manager’s absence (may include recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervision, motivation, retention and termination of employment).
3. Employee Relations: Maintain positive employee relations at the property. Respond to employee concerns and complaints. Set the example for employee interaction with each other.
4. Quality Adherence: Assist General Manager with:
- Regular quality inspections to ensure compliance with quality standards;
- Preventive maintenance compliance;
- Maintenance of property grounds in compliance with standards;
- Compliance with Motel 6 quality and audit standards;
- Compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
5. Financial Accountability: Assist General Manager with:
- Managing the profit and loss statement at the property level;
- Timely and accurate payroll and bookkeeping, and maintaining property records;
- Daily bank deposits as needed.
6. Safeguard all Motel 6 / Studio 6 Assets. Maintain the integrity of the motel’s compliance with the company’s Safety and Security program. Adhere to all company policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
7. Support: Issue supplies and equipment as needed. Perform duties of welcome team, clean team, maintenance team, or other supervisory staff as needed due to special circumstances and / or as requested by management.
8. Other assignments as directed by the Motel 6 General Manager or Area Manager.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience as a shift or department supervisor in restaurant, motel/hotel or retail environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Extensive cash handling experience
- Operation of an automobile and a valid driver’s license.
- Computer proficiency, including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Stand, walk, or sit alternately, depending on specific daily demands. Approximately 50% of the time is spent on feet and 50% sitting at a desk.
- Firm and simple grasping are required when performing most duties.
- Up to 50% of time, may have to perform the following physical activities: bend / stoop / squat; crawl; climb stairs / ladders; kneel; push or pull; twists torso; reach above shoulder level.
- Lifting and carrying bulk supplies weighing up to 90 pounds. Typically the maximum weight carried is 50 pounds on an average of twice daily for distances up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to meet the job requirements for all property positions in order to perform them as needed.
As an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, G6 Hospitality LLC makes all hiring decisions based on an individual’s qualification, and conducts all employment practices without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.