About Education Portal
We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Education Portal helps millions of students improve their grades and earn college credit. We offer self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in high school and junior college. Our team has built these courses from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Senior Software Engineer (Test)
Education Portal serves over 10 million users each month, which requires a solid architectural foundation and cutting-edge user experience. We're seeking a proactive, data-driven and detail oriented innovative engineer to help take the quality of our product to the next level. Your work will directly impact how we evolve and grow.
The successful candidate knows and loves working with the latest software stacks and test automation framework, can model multidimensional test data sets, and can draw from experience to impact our platform. You are passionate about education, can deliver sound quality solution and thorough test result in a fast pace environment and even under ambiguous circumstances. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit. Education Portal has a culture of getting things done, and demands exceptional collaboration across its engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with scrum team members to drive quality through the entire SDLC
- Develop innovative testing solutions, automated test frameworks and test suites to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic schedules and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Apply quality best practices in day to day testing using comprehensive test data and participate in team code reviews
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Developers to build in appropriate levels of quality
- Create test plans and test cases based on user stories
- Develop testing tools and work with various stakeholders to ensure standard QE processes are implemented and followed
- Execute test cases and identify and communicate defects and risks
- Participate in team scrum and sprint development cycle
Why work for Education Portal?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 10+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments