Axcess Financial is seeking a talented and motivated Web Development Co-op. Candidates must be currently pursuing a degree in computer science, computer programming technology, electrical engineering, or comparable major. Coursework or experience in Microsoft web technologies or relational database management is preferred but not required. This is a tremendous opportunity to gain experience in multiple web development projects in a fast-paced entrepreneurial development environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Web Development Intern will be involved in variety of aspects of commercial web development and design including creating web site, analyzing visitor data, and creating marketing materials. Tasks include:
- Contribute to the design, development, and deployment of web sites
- Maintain domains and web hosting accounts
- Monitor web site performance and troubleshoot problems
- Conduct competitive analysis and provide strategies, tactics and tools necessary to drive traffic to website
- Assist with SEO Optimization, site analytics and managing web site campaigns
- Assist with social media marketing – understanding and experience in marketing products to consumers via social media environments (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube, Linked In)
• Experience with Microsoft Windows
• Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and at least one web development language or technology such as .NET, PHP, or Java.
• Currently pursuing a degree in computer science or computer programming technology or similar.
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Ability to collaborate and facilitate the visual representation of concepts
• Visual design skills and an understanding of using UI components a plus
• Must be enrolled in an accredited College or University.
• Must be a currently-enrolled, full-time college student attending school in the area.