Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for the Genzyme MS and Neurology portfolio in the respective territory. The MSL position is a field based member of the Medical Affairs team. The MSL should be highly trained in a health care field and well-versed in clinical and for basic science to be able to deliver cutting edge data and technical/practical education to Health Care Professionals (HCP).
The MSL will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key MS experts and building a well-informed advocacy base for Genzyme's MS franchise, including compounds in the development program. The MSL will act as a conduit for providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information to MS Experts, health care professionals, treatments decision makers and other members of the scientific, provider and payer community (private insurance, payers, medical groups, government agencies, and health systems with drug formularies), in compliance with all relevant company policies.
Territory: Northern California/Central ValleyJob Responsibilities
- Maintains business and clinical knowledge of the Multiple Sclerosis treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
- Increases Genzyme's visibility among leaders in the therapeutic field of Multiple Sclerosis. Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key MS/neurology Experts, investigators and institutions strategic to product development.
- Participates in medical education for healthcare professionals through presentations at office visits, investigator meetings, advisory boards, medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product and disease state knowledge.
- Collaborates with clinical team and CRA's to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in Genzyme's clinical trials.
- Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
- Responds to unsolicited request for medical information associated with supported products and disease state areas.
- Provides effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific needs of the audience (appropriate response to unsolicited requests).
- Identifies and communicates key clinical and research issues and insights from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, and strategies for investigational and commercialized products.
- Facilitates the identification of medical community educational needs around MS disease state management, including awareness and understanding of appropriate/inappropriate use of company products.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in support of needs of Key Opinion leaders (KOLs).
- Maintains clinical expertise through comprehensive education including attendance at relevant symposium, scientific workshops, and review of key journals. Participation in required internal training, presentations and journal clubs.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Medical, Regulatory, and Legal personnel within the company to ensure appropriate timelines and procedures are met.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information to include responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
- Enhances clinical/scientific knowledge of customers and colleagues through education and appropriate scientific exchange.
- Works collaboratively with relevant internal stakeholders to identify local/regional educational gaps/needs and apply appropriate field medical support that is aligned with medical strategy
- Provides field updates regarding topics of interest
- Addresses administrative and reporting needs on a timely basis or as requested by management.
• Travel 60% or greater, including domestic and international travel as needed