Lead and supports overall service delivery related activities for HR Operations, as well as implementation and special projects as they pertain to the human capital management and work force administration within the Workday HCM platform. Significant experience with implementing and configuring key components within the Workday system including, position changes, position management, compensation and position budgeting is required for this position.
. Key Responsibilities (list 5-8)
- Serve as a subject matter expert within HR Operations as it pertains to configuration and business process design and development for all core components of the Workday HCM system.
- Act as the primary point of contact for CHI as it pertains to data implementation and configuration activities associated with the employee and manager self service transactions within the Workday HCM platform.
- Build and sustain relationships to ensure timely solutions. Act as a liaison and subject matter expert partnering closely with internal and/or vendor business and technical staff to achieve business results.
- Gather business/system needs, and work with the appropriate stakeholders and technical teams to translate them into effective change orders and requirements documents. Effectively communicate system/process requirements to appropriate stakeholders and team members; facilitate discussion and recommendations for alternative solutions when necessary.
- Manage and configure new business processes, as well as enhancements to existing business processes in the areas of position management, position changes, compensation, severance and FTE budgeting. This includes testing and peer review of automated and self service components.
- Facilitate contact with key stakeholders to establish the project plan requirements for new implementations, including human resource professionals, leadership, managers, etc.
- Manage data implementation timelines by coordinating with internal stakeholders and team members to ensure deliverables are met.
- Manage escalated issues with appropriate internal team members for resolution.
- Participate on project teams and make recommendations involving process improvement or other initiatives that accommodate ongoing industry changes, and ad hoc business needs.
- Effectively document system and business process changes for business and technical audiences with clarity, completeness, and specificity.
III. Core Job Competencies
At CHI, we expect all our employees to live the values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence at work by:
- Honoring and caring for the dignity of all persons in mind, body, and spirit
- Ensuring the highest quality of care for those we serve
- Working together as a team to achieve our goals
- Improving continuously by listening, asking for, and responding to feedback
- Seeking new and better ways to meet the needs of those we serve
- Using our resources wisely
- Understanding how each of our roles contributes to the success of CHI.
III. Core Job Competencies Core CHI Behaviors
: The following behaviors have been identified as critical to all staff roles at CHI:
- Teamwork Orientation: works cooperatively & collaboratively with others toward the accomplishment of shared goals.
- Service Orientation: desire to serve and focus one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
- Achieves Results: reflects a drive to achieve and outperform. Continuously looking for improvements. Accepts responsibility for actions and results.
- Learning and Growth: has a commitment to continuous professional and organizational learning
- Communication: practices attentive and active listening and can restate opinions of others; communicates messages in a way that has the desired effect.
Role-Specific Behaviors: these additional behaviors are necessary in the role:
- Planning: Organizes tasks and objectives in order of importance and coordinates activities to achieve goals.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes interrelated elements of problems and works systematically to solve them, uses sound judgment to develop efficient and feasible resolutions to challenging issues.
- Action Orientation: Works diligently and exudes a high level of energy, thinks quickly on ones feet, makes things happen, maximize s opportunities and eagerly pursues new challenges.
Skills, Knowledge or Abilities critical to this role:
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Computer Skills: Be proficient with the MS Suite of products, use of internet, etc. Must be able to understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions for collaborating with technical consultants. Workday HCM system experience required.