Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dieticians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
With new growth in the area, we have incredible employment opportunities for:Pantry Production
Reports to: Food Service Manager , General Manager FLSA status: NonexemptPosition Summary:
Produce cold foods that are visually appealing and good tasting to Guckenheimer standards
Prepare, season, and cook meats, salads, cold catering or other foodstuffs as required. Qualifications:
- 2 years providing excellent one on one customer service.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be able to communicate in English with customers.
- 2 years food preparation experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Maintain HACCP program requirements
- Prepare cold foods for the Health Bar, Specialty Salads, Sandwich Station, Panini Sandwiches and Grab and Go as required.
- Slice meats and cheeses as required to guckenheimer standards.
- Prepare cut, grilled or roasted vegetables for sandwich station.
- Season and prepare food according to recipes and experience.
- Use ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Substitute for or assist other pantry employees during emergencies or rush periods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and produce, meats and vegetables to utilized for cold food production.
- Complete produce inventory and orders.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Must comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills, and broilers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to merchandise and present service stations and catering foods in a pleasing manner according to Guckenheimer standards.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
Reporting to this position:
- Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen.
- Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods.
- Current ServSafe certification
- Prepare and attractively present cold foods for catering
None Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment