Dealer.com is currently looking for a Principal Systems Engineer with industry experience & agile exposure to join our engineering team in Burlington, VT.
Our Engineering division is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
Our Systems Engineers have deep industry experience and also possess an intrinsic passion for emerging technologies, trends, and applied/real-world use cases. You will be working in an exciting environment where your technical leadership will oversee complex technology changes, that when executed result in immediate fruition and direct business impact. The Principal Engineer should be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team, has experience working in fast-paced environment, and has the passion and technical experience/skills to take our product offering to the next level. In this role, you will help lead, architect, engineer and optimize. In addition, you will collaborate with an extremely talented and diverse infrastructure, operations, and development team in order to scale and evolve an existing platform that handles billions of transactions each day in an extremely latency sensitive environment. You will be an accomplished well-rounded technologist with a mastery of systems, who appropriately uses best practices, design patterns, and frameworks. Must have a thorough understanding of the implication of architectural designs and implementation choices on application performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Defines product development best practices. Leverages extensive experience to lead by example, operating with the highest standards. Drives technology groups in strategic product initiatives, balancing long-term platform velocity with short-term customer needs.
- Considered an expert in their field. Maintains expertise in engineering and the domain and applies this knowledge to innovate in a way that increases the company’s ability to meet its business objectives. Capable of leading both technical and business conversations and is able to clearly articulate and extract both problems and solutions.
- Offers new solutions in designing high performing, stable, maintainable and reliable systems in the most complex situations where existing architecture and design is not sufficient. Is a primary contributor to strategic architectural decisions.
- Manages work, constantly balancing tradeoffs informed by business and technical drivers
- Is able to direct cross-team or enterprise-wide projects in technical matters; Is able to lead diverse personalities; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn't afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the platform and contributes to the strategic direction of our products. Consistently incorporates business understanding into the full body of responsibilities.
- Proven experience building a reliable, flexible, architecture that can manage the unpredictable nature of today's internet business