For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America's most respected banks, because we're committed to helping customers and employees reach their goals. You can depend on PNC to provide the training you need, along with an inclusive culture that recognizes your talent, values diversity and cares about social responsibility. Working with us means having an opportunity you can feel good about, with a Fortune 200 company that's been selected as a 'Great Place To Work' by Gallup.
As a Director I Technology (Architecture Database & Integration) and a member of PNC's highly lauded Information Technology Division, you will contribute significantly to PNC maintaining its high standards in innovative technology and focus on transformation. PNC is recruiting seasoned and talented candidates for this position who will provide technology leadership and provide architectural direction for integrated business system, information, application and technology by leveraging associated reference patterns and standards. You will lead stakeholder engagement, and oversee the architecture engagement in the given domain. Your responsibilities will include leadership, governance and collaboration with a focus on quality. You will report to the Head of Enterprise Architecture (Chief Architect). You will work collaboratively with key business and technology teams to ensure that enterprise and LOB/BU initiatives are implemented within the existing or planned frameworks. As an Architecture Director, you will have line management accountability for individual contributing architects, along with accountability to mentor and lead the architecture community.
At PNC, you will be driving overall business value by recommending solutions and designs that leverage architecture best practices, standard re-usable common technologies and infrastructure, while also identifying ways to improve existing enterprise portfolio assets and business applications. You will be located in Pittsburgh, PA and lead the Database and Integration team within Enterprise Architecture.
Enterprise Architect Primary Accountabilities
* Leadership and Management of a team of Enterprise Architects
* Stakeholder engagement, including expectation management
* Act as liaison/champion between domain teams and the enterprise architecture team
* Management of architecture engagements within domains/programs the architecture team
* Creation of an Architecture Value statement for every engagement proposal.
* Staff development and performance management
* Establishment, champion and governance of Technology Standards
* Translating Enterprise Domain and portfolio strategies into current and future state architecture roadmaps and blueprints
* Providing technology leadership, direction and guidance to the business and development teams, not only in the specific domain or program, but across the architecture community and enterprise.
* Researching and assessing new technology.
* Partnering with other technology groups to set, document, and implement standards, develop and implement processes
* Ensuring alignment and feedback loop among and across teams and partners.
* Participation in enterprise governance and enterprise initiatives and activities.
* Review and Sponsor technology solution selection and design for given domains/programs
* Input into and creation of technology strategic plans and roadmaps
* Architectural design coordination with applicable partners
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in IT related field or equivalent, typically 7-10 years of previous management experience required
* In lieu of education, experience will be considered.
* 5+ years of architecture leadership experience preferred.
* 2-3 years of line management experience is desired, but not mandatory.
* Extensive understanding of IT and an experience in multiple large complex systems with an ability to apply that knowledge at a strategic level influencing technology solutions that match LOB goals and objectives.
* Proven leadership, team building, negotiation, influencing skills and relationship management are essential.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, passionate, enthusiastic and œCAN-DO attitude.
* Strong presentation and communications skills to make both strategic and tactical recommendations and effectively communicate with Senior and Executive Management and service partners (internal and external).
* Exemplary relationship management skills, negotiation skills and convincing powers.
* Experience with mentoring non architecture teams, motivating and leading by example.
* Outstanding communication skills in order to effectively communicate with and make strategic recommendations to Sr. and Executive Mgmt as well as all levels of internal/external service partners. Proven team building, relationship management, negotiation, and influencing skills.
* Leverages available systems, project methodologies and other corporate resources to complete job.
* Experience in Banking systems and Financial Industry are strongly desired, but not mandatory.
* Experience and/or Certifications in formal architecture framework such as TOGAF, IFW, CBM, BIAN, etc .is mandatory.
* Experience with architecture modeling, SOA, enterprise service concepts, cloud, big data, social media, and mobile platforms
* Experience with Operating Plans, Financials and Cost/Benefit analysis.