Professional Collections Associate – Account Representative
Are you interested in using your consultative customer service skills to assist consumers in reducing their debt, all while building a rewarding career for yourself? Join our team at Van Ru! Founded in 1953, we have grown to be a leader in the accounts receivable management industry, with a client list that includes the US Department of Education as well as leading credit card and healthcare providers. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking dependable and motivated candidates for open Professional Collections Associate positions. In this role, you will help consumers to resolve outstanding debts by working toward finding the programs and solutions that will work best for them.
This is very much a customer service / advisor role in which you will educate consumers on their debt reduction options and provide them with the assistance they need to take advantage of these options. This is a particularly good fit for military veterans and career changers! We will provide you with comprehensive paid training to ensure your success as well as plenty of opportunities for professional development and career advancement. We also offer excellent compensation, with a starting pay of $28,000 to $30,000 plus unlimited bonus potential – you could earn $60K or more per year depending on your performance. If this sounds like the kind of career move you’ve been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
Professional Collections Associate – Account Representative / Agent
As a Professional Collections Associate, your most important responsibility will be to provide consumers with consultative assistance and to treat them with the same respect and service that you yourself would expect in their place. You will communicate with consumers via inbound and outbound telephone calls and assist them in finding the right solutions to resolve their debts. All interactions must be professional, in full compliance with state and federal regulations, and with the consumer’s overall experience as the number one priority.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Locating and monitoring overdue accounts using computers and a variety of automated systems
- Placing outgoing calls and accepting inbound calls from consumers to negotiate resolution of delinquent accounts
- Assisting consumers in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Utilizing the best strategy available under company policy or client contract when negotiating repayment
- Advising and educating customers on available options and strategies for debt repayment
- Arranging for debt repayment or establishing repayment schedules in a way that works best with each consumer’s financial situation
- Obtaining updated demographic information and maintaining concise notes on each call
- Following all company and client policies and procedures as well as complying with all federal & state rules and regulations governing collections (including FDCPA)
- Adhering to all departmental policy and procedures