Sr. Software Engineer (SOA/Cloud/J2EE)
This Sr. Software Engineer will be part of the Optum Cloud web services team delivering enterprise web services for both internal and external consumption. Technologies used include (but aren't limited to) Java, Spring, SOAP, XML, REST, Oracle, Hibernate and JSF.
Positions in this function deliver professional level technical work in support of the development of company products, tools, platforms and services. Operates within established methodologies (Scrum), procedures, and guidelines. Applies knowledge of principles and techniques to solve technical problems. Works closely with other functions to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
- Design and Code Java and .NET Applications
- Review the work of others including code and design
- Develop innovative approaches to Java application, design and architectural problems
- Incorporate best development practices and agile/scrum practices
- Sought out as both a technical and subject matter expert
- Serve as leader/mentor to junior developers
- Take ownership of applications and see solutions through from beginning to end
- Participates in code reviews and writes unit tests
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)