Our client is a major division of a publicly held International Company based in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex.. They are an industry leader in their field and have a long history of growth and superb performance.
They have a need for an Accounting Manager/Manager of Financial Analysis for their $ 1 billion+ revenue producing facility. This is a stepping stone to other positions within the company.
The Manager of Accounting/Financial Analysis will manage plant accounting and analysis functions and personnel to provide efficient, effective services and support to manufacturing operations and division accounting.
- Manage plant accounting responsibilities ensuring that Corporate, Division, and local policies,
procedures and internal controls, including Sarbanes–Oxley, are effective and operating.
- Direct the preparation of timely, accurate and meaningful financial reports, cost analyses, budgets and forecasts. Analyze information and communicate opportunities to reduce cost and maximize profit.
- Participate in month-end closing duties, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, analyzing key accounts and reporting results to the financial reporting group
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations
- Partner with operations department managers to ensure budgets and forecasts are achieved
- Train, develop, and retain a well-qualified staff through the execution of a plan which includes recruitment, internal promotion, and evaluation.
- Ensure accurate inventory valuation based on performance of interim inventories, factor reviews, and assistance in planning and executing a bi-annual physical inventory.
- Maintain effective oral and written communications with other members of the management team.
- Participate in special projects as required.