As a Lead Software Engineer,
you will join PNC's Information Technology group and will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under broad guidance, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements potentially across a variety of technology platforms. You will also augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system functions for our Lines of Business (LOB) service partners.
This position is a part of our Asset Management MIS Team located in Pittsburgh, PA
. You will develop complex application software for system enhancements and assess and determine design considerations including application programs. You may also modify databases, client reports, internal reports, and online presentations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 7-10 years related experience. Equivalent experience would be acceptable in lieu of education.
* Possess an expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts, including database concept structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
* Expert and thorough understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams
Experience with the following technical skills/areas is preferred:
* Strong understanding of Java/ J2EE, SOA technologies
* Experience on Java Web development including Struts/JSF and Servlets
* Experience with Middleware technologies including IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus (WESB), Websphere Message Broker (WMB) or IBM Integration Bus (IIB)
* Experience with web services (SOAP/RESTful).
Experience with the following technical skills/areas is a plus:
* Experience in system analysis, design and development using IBM WebSphere Portal Server (WPS) and IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS)