SmartSource, Inc. is seeking a Level 2 Help Desk Engineer to provide excellent customer service for an IT Help Desk / Call Center environment.
POSITION: Level 2 Help Desk Engineer
LOCATION: Chicago, IL 60606
JOB TYPE: Contract-to-Hire Possible
CONTRACT DURATION: 90 Days or longer
START DATE: TBD
CONTRACT RATE: TBD
CONVERSION SALARY: TBD
Reporting to the Manager, IT Help Desk; the Level 2 Help Desk Engineer is primarily responsible for providing a high degree of leadership and customer satisfaction in supporting the our global clients community. This position involves researching and resolving caller inquiries related to the Central Systems applications, Data Center Operations, Remote Access, and Managed Security and Network Services. This is achieved by ensuring minimal downtime is realized through the use of multiple communication channels, applying repeatable processes (ITSM) that are measurable, logging and tracking of all communications received into our clients ticketing system, applying continuous improvement. The Level 2 Help Desk Engineer is responsible for providing oversight to all support processes, reviewing and closing incidents and problems, metrics collection and reporting related to the Level 2 Help Desk. The individual will also work closely with key business partners to implement changes to both support functionality and business processes. Candidate must also be available to work in a 24x7x365 environment.
1. Coordinate support administration with the client and Third Party technical teams
2. Provide Leadership for Help Desk activities and training
3. Organize and Facilitate meetings including distribution of minutes
4. Provide oversight for IT Help Desk activities including process tracking and reporting
5. Assist in the improvement of existing incident functionality as required
6. Participate in the development and implementation of other ITSM practices
7. Plan and oversee or lead specific projects
8. Establish a quality working relationship with a variety of customers/vendors
9. Follow defined standards to resolve specific sets of incidents/problems
10. Escalate issues within the defined standards
1. Managing: Handles the demands of projects, clients, vendors and deliverables by prioritizing and maintaining a flexible attitude.
2. Service Quality: Anticipates clients needs, takes appropriate action to meet those needs and continually searches for way to improve both client service and satisfaction. Continually identifies, implements and improves effective processes and procedures to ensure overall client satisfaction
3. Best Practice Mindset: Sets high standards of performance. Seeks, applies and demonstrates best practice to achieve innovative and creative business solutions.
4. Technical Expertise/Business Knowledge: Demonstrates in-depth technical expertise and knowledge appropriate to functional role; stays abreast with emerging technologies and trends. Applies technology and business knowledge to solve business problems and create new opportunities.
5. Objective setting/results driven: Sets and conveys clear goals, in line with overall organizational strategy, for self and others, encouraging individual initiative. Obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others
6. Adaptability: Flexes to new pressures from competition, loss of talent and new priorities.
Experience / Technical skills:
1. Minimum of 5 years of IT Help Desk experience
2. Bachelor Degree or better; concentration in Computer Science or comparable field
3. Certified in ITIL Foundations v3 or equivalent preferred.
4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
5. Adaptable and with intellectual ability to thrive in a demanding, fast moving and customer focused environment.
6. Strong process management experience.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality with information or items as required.
8. Ability to perform analysis, define new processes and drive technology initiatives and projects
9. Experience in developing and executing a well-defined approach to implementing change in a Global environment.
10. ServiceNow experience a plus, but not mandatory
11. Demonstrable skills working Problem and Change Management activities
To be considered, please send a word resume to Amanda: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]