VICE PRESIDENT, HEALTH PLAN ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
At New Directions Behavioral Health, we hire the best and brightest. If you believe that healthcare should address the needs of the whole person, body and mind, we are looking for you! We are the fastest growing behavioral health care company and with good reason, we deliver results. We are dedicated to helping people find a healthy balance and improve their total health through positive change. We succeed because we are a team of creative, compassionate and talented individuals that believe in balance and a healthy lifestyle for ourselves and for those we serve. Join our team and be appreciated for your ideas and creativity. At New Directions, we embrace quality, innovation and risk-taking – all of the elements that drive change and support our mission: Improving health through change.
We are seeking a Vice President, Health Plan Account Management to be responsible for assuring that NDBH customer’s behavioral health and integrated care needs are met for customers contracted services agreement. The VP of Health Plan Accounts is primarily responsible for leading an account management team that meets or exceeds the business goals of NDBH. This position has direct responsibility for dedicated Account Executives, assigned to large, complex BCBS health plans and national employer customers. Accountabilities include defining customer needs, development and implementation of strategic plans to facilitate financial and administrative service performance expectations and maintaining overall customer satisfaction and account profitability. The incumbent may be located in our corporate office in Kansas City, MO or, may work from a remote office with the expectation of 50-60% travel *CB.
The Vice President, Health Plan Account Management Key Responsibilities include:
- Creates a strategic customer organization that leverages all assets and relationships within the organization to thoroughly understand each HP’s culture, organizational needs and decision makers and translates that knowledge into highly targeted and effective retention and organic growth results.
- Develops and continually refines thoughtful strategic account plans and proactively targets and pursues cross sell and up sell opportunities
- Monitors client satisfaction; managing for overall revenue retention and growth targets
- Assures that NDBH meets or exceeds all health plan and national account performance standards and guarantees
- Supports Account managers’ focus on recognition of service issues, raising internal awareness, and facilitating response in partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Maintains a broad understanding of NDBH’s portfolio of solutions and deep understanding of developing needs for all health plan customers
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key customer executives to support growth of Account Managers’ currency
- Collaborates with sales and marketing to create additional business with the health plan and other entities in that geographic area; ensures the Account team is highly invested in and contributing to NDBH’s growth process and is current on and actively leveraging all sales tools / techniques. available
- Develops and embeds a process to ensure HP Account Managers are educated with the most relevant & current industry knowledge to position themselves are thought leaders with their customers and secure, consultative sales.
- Recruits, hires and monitors performance of account team, ensuring appropriate training and development is provided to newly hired employees; provide for ongoing training of staff.
- Coaches account team to build effective internal/external relationships that enable them to respond quickly to emerging customer opportunities, and provide for seamless execution of the company's business processes that exceed customer expectations.
- Makes presentations to employers and industry functions to educate on value equation of behavioral and integrated health solutions.
- Partners effectively with multiple internal business stakeholders to design leading edge solutions that meet market need and leverage our existing products and upcoming innovations
- Keeps the organization informed of market needs, product requirements, competitive information, account specific initiatives and other knowledge essential for our business efforts. Pushes the organization to act to deliver capabilities that enable growth
- Maintain licenses, CEUs, and certifications as required by the state and the Company.