Currently seeking an experienced pediatric RN for a Clinical Liaison opportunity to be based out of the Hershey area. Must a sales background and a strong knowledge of pediatric home care.
1. Develop and maintain contact with health care professionals (i.e. physicians, discharge planners, social workers, health care coordinators to provide updated information about the agency’s home health program offerings, guidelines and policies.
2. Once a referral is received conduct pre-discharge hospital visit as appropriate and necessary to assess discharge needs, educate the patient/family and facilitate preparation for smooth transition to home.
3. Communicate with company clinical staff to coordinate discharge and assure that the patient’s needs can be safely met in the home setting. In addition to ensure the availability of qualified caregivers.
4.Inform hospital personnel of case acceptance and documents all demographic, clinical and payer information on company approved forms.
5. Provide input into care plan development as appropriate.
6. Participate in quality assessment and improvement activities and ensures participation of all appropriate staff; provide information that enables the collection and root cause analysis of data to identify opportunities for improvement and prepare reports.
7. Other duties as assigned.