Jun 23, 2014, 2:38:05 PM Unposting Date:
Title: Commercial Real Estate Relationship Manager
Location: Baltimore, MD
Together, M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust, a part of M&T Bank Corporation, represent one of the country’s leading depository and lending franchises, a premier wealth advisory firm, and the partner of choice for corporate transactions and structures. As one of strongest, most successful companies in the U.S. financial services industry, M&T continues to grow, offering value to our shareholders and opportunity to qualified professionals. Join our team of over 15,000 professionals and you’ll understand what drives our longstanding success: a promise of exceptional client service, a commitment to our communities, a focus on building long-term relationships, and a dedication to being the best employer you’ll ever have.
Originate, underwrite, close and service commercial real estate loans of moderate to large dollar amount and complexity. Facilitate with internal product partners cross sales of other bank products including but not limited to treasury management, interest rate hedging, wealth advisory and equipment leasing.
• Call on potential and existing customers to develop new business and increase existing business. Clients and prospects are specific to Baltimore and the surrounding MSA.
• Provide customer service to an existing customer base, attending to the needs of commercial real estate development finance clients seeking loans, prospecting, underwriting and originating new loans.
• Participate in the management of the existing portfolio based on departmental objectives.
• Assist in restructuring adversely-graded loans and foreclosing problem loans, performing activities designed to preserve the loan principal, gather interest as possible and prevent the loan from being charged-off.
• Assist senior representatives with special projects as necessary.
• Communicate with attorneys and other third party providers to coordinate closing; service existing credits, and work out problem loans.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, four years of equivalent work experience.
• Five (5) years commercial real estate lending/servicing experience.
• Formal credit training or experience with credit and underwriting of commercial real estate projects..
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an orientation toward customer
• Knowledge and contacts in the Baltimore area market.
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
• Demonstrated sales ability.
• Working knowledge of personal computers and software utilized by department (Excel, Word, Outlook, Costar, Reis and Argus).
M&T is among the top 20 U.S.-based commercial bank holding companies with more than $79 billion in assets and more than 780 branches in New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, West Virginia, Florida and Washington D.C. With more than 150 years of experience, M&T Bank is committed to be the best company our employees ever work for, the best bank customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make.