- Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing or related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree).
- Current Registered or Vocational Nurse License in applicable state.
- Three years of experience working in a healthcare or clinical environment.
- Five or more years experience in developing requirements and performing system analysis.
- Five or more years experience of major systems implementation experience.
- Experience with various system development lifecycles such as waterfall, RUP, and Agile methods.
- Ability to communicate ideas and problem solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external clients.
- Extensive knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Advanced degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Five or more years experience in one or more of the following areas: clinical systems design and delivery, database programming experience, HL7 integration, practice management system implementation and support, EMR system implementation and support, Claim adjudication system implementation and support, Care Management system implementation and support.
WellMed is now part of the OptumHealth division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
WellMed is a healthcare delivery system serving more than 90,000 patients, primarily Medicare eligible seniors, in Texas and Florida through primary care clinics, multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, WellMed is an industry leader in medical risk management, highly effective disease management and chronic care programs, healthcare delivery services and more.
Our focus and mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. We are innovators in preventative healthcare, striving to change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Our providers and support staff are selected for their dedication to the senior population and focus on preventative, proactive patient care.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.