Dairy Farmers of America is all about milk and the 16,000 dairy farm members who produce it. We are proud to be a cooperative, owned and operated by the dairy farmers whom we serve. We are one of the country's most diversified U.S. manufacturers of dairy products, food components and ingredients. We are a leader in formulating and packaging shelf-stable dairy products in can and glass. We are one of the most vertically-integrated and future-focused co-op and food companies in the industry. We are an organization with over 4,000 employees. We are DFA-the premium provider of market opportunities for farmers and a value-added supplier of innovative dairy products and food components for customers around the world.
The Sales Associate, Cheese position assists the Regional Manager North East in the development, growth, and management of sales of cheese products. The strategic focus will be on adding value in supporting major distributors such as Sysco and penetrating chains and secondary accounts that can provide a better revenue stream to DFA. The person will work and assist the regional manager to execute key short and long term strategies and goals that are effective in meeting both sales and earnings targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Regional Manager for managing annual sales strategies for the various product lines in conjunction with corporate objectives
• Contribute input based on customer forecasts to construct annual sales volume budgets
• Assist in developing new markets and identify need for new products; work with the Regional Manager to develop these plans
• Establish and maintain personal contact with key customers
• Develop and train distributor and broker organizations to ensure understanding of cheese products and KPI's
• Attend and manage distributor and customer food shows