• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal (English fluency as a first or second language)
• Collaboration mindset and ability to work in a virtual team environment towards a common goal
Technical Skills Required:
• Microsoft Windows XP, 2003, 7, and 2008 Operating Systems
• Current versions of Wonderware MES, Workflow, InTouch and System Platform
• Microsoft Visual Studio, including VB.Net and/or C#
• Familiar with source code version control system such as VSS or TFS
• A sound understanding of multitier solution architectures
• Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server database development tools and languages (SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL)
• Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server database administration
Work Experience and Education:
• Domain experience in the implementation and use of process control and MES systems utilized in the Food & Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Metals, or Discrete industry manufacturing space
• Senior Level Product Technical Support Engineer experienced in working with customers to resolve advanced application issues.
• One or more years experience as a Solution Architect or Technical Engineer practicing in design, development, and integration of IT solutions for manufacturing where a distributed architecture with middleware layer was utilized.
• BS degree in a respective Computer Science or Engineering field
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Act in a lead role as the Solution Support Engineer on specific customer accounts
• Document activities and findings in a case tracking tool
• Technical troubleshooting, analysis, and diagnosis of product issues
• Technical troubleshooting, analysis, and diagnosis of custom application issues
• Technical troubleshooting, analysis, and diagnosis of custom integration issues
• Ensure case updates and resolution timeframes are in line with service level agreement
• Delivery of product issue work around or fix.
• Delivery of custom code issue work around, fix, or enhancement. In cases, providing a specification to a Level 3 engineering team that would make a change and implement.
• Document requirements for a custom code change and complete feasibility study
• Maintain system documentation
• Maintain custom code and documentation under version control
• Proactively work with customers to ensure best practice maintenance of solution is being applied
• Transfer knowledge to Backup SSE Resources to cover in absence
On occasion the position will require travel for training, deliver of onsite services, or to engage with MES Practice team to transition support.
As part of our team, you'll build a strong career with a collaborative, knowledgeable team of people. We'll challenge you to think differently to achieve your goals. You'll have easy access to senior management, leading thinkers, and colleagues around the world.
In addition to competitive salaries and inclusive benefits, we offer global career opportunities and travel to new places to inspire fresh, new thinking. We believe in rewarding and recognizing risk-taking and creativity. We also promote a healthy work-life balance as essential for your personal growth.
Invensys is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
CONNECT WITH US!
• Check out our CAREERS Page – careers.invensys.com
• “Like” our Careers on Facebook! bit.ly/IOMCareers_FB
• Follow us on Linkedin - bit.ly/IOM_Li
• Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/InvensysOpsMgmt
• Watch us on You Tube - youtube.com/invensysVideos
• Read our Blogs - bit.ly/IOMBlogs