f you’re experienced in process improvements and lean manufacturing you could be our next Manager of Operational Excellence with The Manitowoc Company.
As the Manager of Operational Excellence, you will act as the change agent and leadership coach for process improvement and lean manufacturing; driving the lean transformation and sustainment per directed expectations in functional areas including Manufacturing, Buying, Planning, Logistics, Maintenance, Manufacturing Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, and Quality.
The position reports directly to the Director of Operations, located in Cleveland, Ohio.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Works to develop and apply programs to improve the workforce skills on lean six sigma manufacturing tools and concepts such as DMAIC, A3 thinking, KanBan, Kaizen, Value Stream analysis, visual factory, pull and error proofing, 5S and 1 x 1 flow.
• Research, benchmark, and implement global best manufacturing methods, practices, and systems
• Development of strategies and specific actions that deliver business plan targets for efficiencies and quality.
• Developing reports and tracking mechanisms for business plan target achievement progress.
• Coach all key contributors on developing a highly effective Daily Management process, focused on management through mission control, flow- through making takt, ensuring compliance to standard work, and identifying and eliminating abnormalities affecting takt attainment through a problem solving rigor. Coach the organization on lean techniques such as Visual Management and Managing Daily Improvement (MDI)
• Ensure quality practices and processes are followed to deliver superior quality.